Our commercial litigation practice encompasses a broad array of business disputes. The firm litigates commercial cases arising under federal and state statutes, as well as matters involving general principles of contract and business law. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators with extensive experience in federal and state courts and in arbitration and mediation.
We realize that extensive litigation can be an ineffective approach for the resolution of business, corporate or commercial disputes. Effective planning at the start of an engagement, and sound pretrial litigation strategies, can help develop and strengthen the bargaining leverage to produce a favorable settlement. There are also times when a trial is the best way to protect your interests and achieve a favorable outcome.
Our lawyers handle a wide range of contract, corporate, and business tort claims, including:
• Breach of contract
• Fraud, misrepresentation or negligent nondisclosure
• Unfair competition, commercial disparagement or advertising torts
• Claims against broker-dealers or registered representatives
• Civil actions related to conversion, check fraud, employee theft or embezzlement
• Products liability or warranty claims
• Consumer protection law claims
• Tortious interference with contracts or business opportunities
• Unfair and deceptive trade practices